SUBJECT: Open to ALL Mediums & Artist Levels
WHERE: City Arts Factory - Gallery Signature B Upstairs
WHEN: 3rd Thursday * June 18, 2020* 6-9pm
Art will hang from June18th- August 11th
CURATOR: Mel Taylor
MBGC Members will help hang all the art work. If you would like to volunteer- Mel@MelsBGC.org. (Mel will specify where to hang art)
ART WORK: $10/Per Entry * $0 for pieces that are 100% Donated
*If you donate a percentage of the art sale- you still have to pay the full entry amount*
SOME ARTWORK WILL NOT MAKE THE SHOW BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF THE GALLERY AND/OR THE TIMELINESS OF ENTRY.
IN THE PAST I HAVE ALLOWED MORE PIECES BECAUSE THE STYLE OF THE SHOW WAS DIFFERENT AND THE SIZE OF THE GALLERY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF A PIECE WILL NOT FIT THE SHOW BY WEDNESDAY, June 17th.
LIMIT PER ARTIST: 3-5 PIECES (Depends on the Size/space)
1 Piece: $10
2 Pieces: $20
3 Pieces: $30
4 Pieces: $35
SPECIAL: 5 Pieces: $40
SPECIAL: 5 Pieces: $45
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 13, 2020 7PM
(You can pay Cash, Check or Online)
IF you drop off at City Arts Factory - Please just put in an envelope and put Attn: Mel on it.
ART DROP OFF: Drop off days are Sunday June 14 and Monday June 15. The times are 11am-6pm. Artists need to give us a 1 hour window between those times when they are dropping off. YOU CAN EMAIL Mel to pick a time for drop-off.
*If these times do NOT work for you and your pieces are not large - Mel might be able to take them to the CityArts Factory.
Mel@MelsBGC.ORG or Orockmel@Gmail.com
(SEE MORE DETAILS BELOW)
* All 2-D work should have wire attached securely for hanging and no saw tooth hangers.
*If you have specifics on where or how you would like your art hung- Please include details with your art or send an email to Mel@MelsBGC.org
*If you DO NOT give specifics and they are hung incorrectly-there will be no refund. If you change your pieces out before the deadline & somehow they are not hung correctly- there will be no refund-however they will be fixed.
ART PICK-UP: Friday, July 10th - Monday, July 13th 11- 6pm
CityArts Phone Number: 407.648.7860
PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PICK UP YOUR ART!!!!!
INSURANCE & INDEMNIFICATION: The artist/exhibitor shall be responsible for additional insurance requirements for works exhibited within the Gallery and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless, The Downtown Arts District, CityArts, Mel's BGC and gallery staff from any and all claims or liability including attorney fees, arising from or relating to exhibition of their art work. CityArts has personal property and general liability insurance coverage.
- All submissions MUST be labeled on the back of each piece with the following information: Artists Name, Title and Medium.
- All work must be original.
- Art work must be framed and/or ready for hanging or display. (An extra $5 for hardware and the attachment of a wire backing)
- After-show closing, it is strongly suggested all work be picked up on the day(s) indicated for pickup. In most cases this will be the first Monday following the show closing. CityArts Factory is not responsible for damage during storage to any work not picked up after posted pick up date. Any art not picked up within 14 days of the show closure will become the property of CityArts Factory.
- City Arts Factory takes 30% from sale of Art Piece If you sell an art piece-a check will be mailed to you 3-5 weeks after the show.
- Contact Info: Mel Taylor Mel@MelsBGC.org
- The fees collected will pay for rental space, promotion for the Third Thursday Opening Night & a donation to A Local Charity.